On Sunday morning, the Cape Coral Fire Department responded to a fire. This was in the 1100 block of SE 34th St.
Fire crews say upon arrival. Heavy smoke could be observed coming from the home. But, despite that and water supply challenges, firefighters were able to distinguish the fire quickly.
Cape Coral fire says, luckily, there weren’t any injuries. The two adults and four children could safely exit the home on their own accord. Additionally, a dog, a cat, and a goldfish got out.
The building inspector deemed the home at least partially unsafe to live in. The Cape Coral Police Department’s victims’ advocate assisted the family. The Red Cross was also available to offer the family resources.
Firefighters determined that the cause of the fire was a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom. This fire was ruled accidental.
The Cape Coral Fire Department says this serves as a “reminder to keep all matches and lighters away from curious children.”
Top Featured, Top Story, News, Multimedia